4 50 GPD Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System For Home Brewing Micro Brewerys
Beer is traditionally made from four ingredients- malt, hops, yeast, and water. While we all pay careful attention to our malt choices we do not often consider the water. Since beer is 90% water, it is a crucial ingredient in brewing. If your tap water is full of chlorine, alkaline (leaving scale on the fixtures), has an odor, or you don?t know what is in it, purchasing our reverse osmosis machine can be a wise choice.
Home RO systems are common in many households for making coffee, using in aquariums, for drinking water and homebrewers are also finding them indispensable.
Reverse osmosis (RO) is a simple water filtration process. Dissolved solids and sediment are removed from the water by the water flowing through a filter and then through a semipermeable membrane. This process removes most ions and dissolved solids, including iron, fluoride, chlorine, and reduces bicarbonate by great percentage. The result is water that is very low in minerals and alkalinity, nearly the same as distilled water quality in most cases.
Some beer styles are suited to using the RO water as is, such as Czech lagers, but while any style can be made with 100% RO water, most other styles will benefit with some simple additions for best flavor. These additions are called ?brewing salts? and the most common ones are gypsum, calcium chloride, epsom salts, chalk, sodium chloride, and baking soda. These are available at the homebrew supply store, or can sometimes be found at your grocery market.
This RO Unit i simlpy inserted in to your set up to give you water which has ran through the RO system, giving your brew the best possible water it can have.
Please see the accessories which can be brought with the product and if you wish to have more than one or bundle the accessries together, please messagae us and we can give you the option you want.
- System dimensions: (H x W x D): 370 x 155 x 345 (mm)
- Working Temp.: 5°C - 40°C (41ºF - 104ºF)
- Operating Pressure: 1.0 bar (14.5 psi) - 6.0 bar (90 psi)If your incoming water pressure is above 4 bar a pressure regulator should be installed.
- Inlet feed water connector: 1/4"
- Flow rate: 50 gallons-per-day
- Typical Rejection Rate: 98% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) < 1800 ppm
- pH Parameters: 2 - 11
- Iron: 0.2 ppm maximum
- Turbidity < 5 NTU
- Flow: 1.6 l/min
- Model: EC-203-200A
- Max. inlet pressure: 2 bar (30 psi)
- Max. outlet pressure: 5.5 bar (80.0 psi)
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 160mm x 155mm x 345mm
- Current intensity - transformer: 1.7A
- Current intensity - pump: 1.2A
- Power: 24V/DC
- Four stages of filtration
- High quality and competitive pricing
- Easy to install and maintain with all accessories provided
- Produces pure water quickly with heavy duty 24V DC self-regulating pump
- Free standing RO system produces 99.9% pure water via high efficiency membrane and MB-115 DI resin
- Colour change MB-115 makes is easy to see when resin is exhausted and needs to be replaced
- 100% sterilized and manufactured in compliance with NSF Standard No.58
- Manufactured from WQA and FDA approved materials
- System constructed with John Guest style push-fit connections
- Completely assembled and ready to use
- Factory tested in the UK
EC regulation 1935/2004 Certified
Materials or products that come into contact with foodstuffs. This certification proves the product has proven will not pollute or leach anything back into the water that has passed through it.
ADVISORY: Avoid cheap water filtration systems and cartridges which have no testing credentials or certifications, and often leach harmful chemicals into the water which are linked to cancer, birth defects and infertility. In addition, cheap components may also lead to membrane fouling, leaks and general poor performance. Instead, always choose VYAIR tested and certified water filtration systems and cartridges.
STAGE, PART#, COMPONENT, FUNCTION:
- 1) PP. 10" sediment cartridge (pre-filter) melt-blown polypropylene. 5 micron sediment filter traps dirt, sediment, rust and other particulate matter.
- 2) CTO. 10" coconut shell carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Activated carbon block filter is used to reduce chlorine, colour, taste, odour and other organic impurities.
- 3) RO-1812-50. Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane (50 GPD - US Gallons), 0.0001 micron. Semi-permeable membrane removes salts, minerals, metals, bacteria, viruses, cysts, TDS, hardness, fluoride, pesticides, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and more. Due to the time needed to remove all these ingredients we strongly recommend purchasing a water storage tank with your RO system.
- 4) MB-115. Mixture of cation and anion de-ionisation resin combined in a 40/60 blend. Mixed-bed demineralizer is used for final water polishing to clean the last few ions within water prior to use. A single pass through a mixed-bed ion-exchange column results in the purest water that can possibly be made.
IMPORTANT: Do not use with water that is micro-biologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of contaminants. In addition, some water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of micro-organisms or other contaminants that pose potential health risks. Please note we do not recommend this for drinking water.
LIMITED WARRANTY: VYAIR warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty, together with any and all warranties implied by law, shall be limited to a period of twelve (12) months from the date of original purchase. This limited warranty does not apply to failures that result from abuse, misuse, alteration or failure to properly comply with installation, or cartridge change instructions.